It can be a bit confusing while choosing a small PC case since case sizing has no strict standards. Thus, here are some points which actually can help you to pick the right PC case.
- Firstly, one has to decide how much space can be managed. No matter whether you want to fit it in a cabinet or under a desk, the location needs to be measured to ensure that the available depth, height and width is perfect even if you go for a small PC case.
- Small PC cases are suitable for desk tops if you have space constraint. Ideally, your PC case should not choke the cooling flow which can reduce the life and performance of the component significantly. Make sure to keep a check on how air flows through the case. You must elevate the case in case there are any exhausts or inlets on the case so that it can breathe well.
- Choose a motherboard with a size that must go well with the size and number of graphics cards which you are planning to use. This can be perfect with a small case but if you have plans to build a high performance gaming system then obviously you will require larger graphics cards and for that a bigger case will be needed.
- You must ensure that the small case that you want to use should provide the correct number of rear expansion slots which you require. Usually, these are clubbed together at the backside of the case for attaching audio and video cables and access to switches and knobs.
- If you planning to set up your workstation then you can opt for small form factor PC cases like Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced which provides a great airflow with a large fan on the front side and vents on the top and side.